Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Titus 1:15
To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their mind and consciences are corrupt.

The above verse has made quite an impact on me. I have to admit that my past weeks have not been great, it has been rather rocky I would say.
The above verse just reminded me of my past week, the bad things that have happened, the bad decisions I have made and the things i have felt unhappy about. Everything just ran through my head as I read the verse.
Titus 1:15 tells me not to be wishy washy about the important decisions I make daily. Very often I find myself contemplating between choices, worrying about whether I have made the right choice even though that should not be the case. Every once in a while I think that a massive decision will come by, but it should not occur too often. It sets the line for me, am I going to trust God or not ? I realize that if I am well rooted in God, I do not have to worry, there will be things that I get anxious about but at the same time, I can trust in God to help me tide over them. However, if there exist in me, an area of doubt, an area of disbelief, then even if God wanted to help me, it would be futile since I harbored disbelief.

I got to say that it is not easy having that much trust, it is difficult to rely solely on the Father alone and live a "my life is in God's hands" life. However, it is not impossible, being a worry wart for years now, I want to work my way towards having that trust in God, that regardless of the surroundings, that regardless of what might happen next, I want to be able to say that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment